Air Conditioner Installations
Blouberg Airconditioning specialises in the installation and maintenance of Mid-Wall Split Airconditioning Systems. These types of Aircon Units are the most cost effective and efficient units for both residential and office use. We are approved installers of AllianceAir, LG, Midea, Samsung and many other major Air Conditioner brands…
Mid-Wall Split Aircon Systems
Back-to-Back Installation Explained
Mid wall split air conditioning systems get the name “split system” from the way they are constructed. These air conditioners comprise two units, one of which is installed indoors, with the companion unit mounted opposite on the outside of the building. Essentially the two units are typically installed back-to-back with the wall between them; hence being ‘split’. During the installation process, a suitable sized hole is made in the wall to connect the two units together. On occasion, it might not be possible to have the split-system components directly behind one another and in such instances insulated extension pipes and cables are necessary (to a max of 3-meters from the indoor unit).
Aircon Installations in Cape Town
Aircon Installation Requirements
Mid-Wall Airconditioner Installation
- Evaporator (indoor- unit) mounted to inside wall of room / office.
- Condenser (outdoor-unit) mounted onto a set of galvanized/ powder coated brackets, on same outside wall within a 3 meter radius from evaporator (indoor-unit).
- Condenser (outdoor-unit) mounted on wall within 3 meters from inside.
- In case of condensation water not able to not drain from indoor unit (Evaporator) to outside, a condensation pump will be required at an additional cost.
- Electrical connections for air-conditioners to be carried out by a qualified electrician from distribution board (not included).
Looking for an Approved Aircon Installer?
We are based in Table View and Install Aircons in the following areas: Cape Town, Blaauwberg, Northern Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Atlantic Seaboard and the Peninsula.